Thursday, June 01, 2006

Prints of Our Lives

Guilty... It has been ages since I last blogged.. esp. since I have already decided on the topic for this blog - the long gone Mothers' Day!

Well, It's my first as a Mum.. for a start - a card in my fav lime green cheers me immensely.. and with Baby en's tiny hand prints in them? Priceless...

Of course I am sure all these festives stuff come from a generic account call "En's Debt", where we as parents charge to this account stuff like the uoming Fathers' Day gift, urm, birthdays gifts for mum and dad, urm.. x'mas gift.. etc etc.. when he comes of age to clear the debts, oh dear,i can't imagine what the amount will be.. indebted to his parents En will be.. hmm.. (I have not even decided which bank's interest rate should be the benchmark - foreign banks seem to offer attractive rates hmm)..

Then again, arn't we all born indebted to our parents? Money or not? the above is just one manifestation of the debt - albeit more tangibly..

Still.. the card is indeed lovely, and i am as much indebted to baby en as he may be to us as parents.. without En, i probably will not have experienced the little precious moments of motherly pride...

I am sure there are different facets of motherhood enjoyment/ torment, so for now, carp diem! But I shall always remember this First Mother's day with fondness... as we grow older - there isn't many opportunities when we can still claim our "first xxx", so this first Mother's day must count for something! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Followers