Friday, June 06, 2008

Conversations with En


I had one of the most enlightening and heart-breaking conversations with En today..

He said: :Di Di dun like mummy.
Mummy: *jaw drop* "why?"
He said "Di Di likes Aunty Melanie."
Then he added (probably seeing my jaw drop..): "I love mummy."

That is upsetting and comforting for me.. I think it is inevitable that Xuan likes Melanie since he spends more time with him at home.. but it is a sobering thought..

I need to work harder indeed..

*************************************************

Later in the evening, we went to a Thai restaurant which has an ancient looking painting of a regal looking man dressed in royal finery.. ..

Suddenly, En turned to me and asked:
"Who is that old man?"
Mummy: ?!!! Jaw drop again and speechless..

Later when one of the helpers in the restaurant was playing with En, I took the opportunity to ask her who "the old man" was..

She said he was Rama the Fifth... !!!!!!!!!

Our little friednd just reduced King rama V to some old man...

No comments:

Followers