Saturday, April 18, 2009

Vulgar...

I have been too busy busy busy since coming back..
But I want to record the following:

1. En showed me his vulgar sign on 16 April, rather innocently, of which I told him if I ever see him do that ever again, I will put him on the naughty seat as it is a bad sign which will offend others.
He seemed shocked at my response, and would not tell me where he learnt the vulgar sign from...

2. On the positive sign, while I was coming back and stuck at the China customs (that is another colourful story), I learnt that En was crying and crying, seated on his sofa when He heard that, worried sick over whether Rui and I will be able to come home.

3 On the same evening that he was worried if i was able to return, he sat on his sofa and thought for a while, and asked my mum..
"Mummy's birthday over already?"
Yes, mu mum answered, though my next birthday will come next year.
En thought for a while and said, "I want to buy flowers, make nice nice in paper and send to mummy."
My mum was puzzled why he would want to send, when i am around but he insisted that the flowers have to be sent. When my mum told him that if he will behave himself and fight less with Di-di, I will be very happy even without the flowers, En apparently pondered for a while, then asked my mum seriously, "You sure?" hhahahaha, that makes me laugh more than anything else.

4. Xuan has been babbling lots and seemed to have grown up suddenly. at 27 month, he just started articulating comprehensible words, but many of which are still just... babble. however, he is a most funny child, ever ready to dance to music and make funny expressions, such as putting both hands on his cheek and make funny faces at me.

His cognitive skill seemed to also bemore developed than we anticipated, because when the confinement aunty returned to Singapore ahead of me, when Xuan first saw her, he went to her and asked, "where, baby?". he shocked everyone as no one really think that he would understand what is happening in the house, much less recognise the fatc that aunties looks after baby and has gone to china with baby...

5. We realise we may have been depriving Xuan of new toys as I noticed that he treated a cheap SGD 2 dollar bear pencil case we got for him from china really preciously. He hugged it everywhere he goes, like his Thomas trains that are only his, and when I saw him take the bear and point to the sofa seat, and proceeded to bring the bear there to seat the bear on the seat, arranging the body of the bear nicely so that the bear sits nicely and squarely on the seat, my heart went out to him..

This little bear, which was a whim purchase by the by and not even intended originally for him (but brought back to Singapore with the intention to avoid having him fight with En whom we bought a similar rabbit pencil case and who really needed a pencil case more than Xuan), was just a 2 dollar cheap purchase for me.
But for Xuan, the little boy who mostly had hand me downs and not much new toys (since we have aroomful of toys), to him, the bear is a precious and cherished gift from us.

6. Both Xuan and En were caring towards Rui most of the times, eager to play with him by making funny faces, or gently touching Rui's hands. BUt Xuan surprised us most, when he gave up his "royal sofa seat" which he always sits on for his TV shows for Rui to lie. He pointed to his seat and said "Didi" and he promptly went to sit on the seat next to it, willng to give up his seat (Which apparently no adult could sit on without being chased away by him) to baby Rui.

7. En is also caring and loving towards Xuan. When grandparents bought Xuan his new precious crocs with Thomas add ons, En kept Xuan's shoes in the house, claiming that "because Didi's shoes are new". When Popo asked him what aout his own shoes, why are they left outside the house, he replied that "his shoes are old, so can leave outside" O_O

8. baby Rui is hefty 7 plus kg at 3 months (for the record, En is over 15 kg at 40 plus mths), and a very swet baby who has learnt to sleep thru the night from 8 pm - 4 or 5 am. and when awake, he is always cooing and babbling and never fails to give us a smile when we play with him..

A month away, I come back filled with stories as well as little observations of how much the kids have grown. and how each of them brings me a different kind of joy. I am really savouring it, as I am forever worried that these moments slipped by too fast for me to catch them and hold them in my palms for just a tiny little while...

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hmm...wonder wat sign did En showed! Haha, he must hv learnt it from his schoolmates...well, don't think he knew wat's going on too.

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

been feeling sentimental lately so I understand how you feel when you observe your kids' little actions. welcome back :)

Followers