Friday, April 28, 2006

Sit and REACH -For the Gems


Much as I am often skeptical of the fulfillment derived from childbearing and parenting, (and many of my friends can attest to this), I have recently been v. pleasantly surprised by the amount of satisfaction derived from seeing En go through the various key stages of development..

His first flip, his first, and the numerous subsequent, attempt to crawl, him being able to support himself as he sat.. these tiny but significant stages gave me great excitement and courage..

Many mums use "joy & happiness" to describe such feelings, for me it is more complex than that.. it is almost as if I learn the power of life through every little growing stage that En goes through.. for a jaded cynic like me, who kinda believe one goes thru more woes & hardship than bliss in life, these little surprises gave me the stength to keep going.. as if little gifts or gems thrown in one's life waiting to be discovered...

Its amazing the strength one derives from the desire to discover these nuggets along the journey.. and for these, I thank Baby En...

No comments:

Followers