Sunday, September 09, 2007

Regaining My Sanity

To start - many thanks for the barrage of SMS-es, and also Cheryl for her comments.
I am fine now, finally got the tears to stop at around 7 plus in the evening on Saturday, and I even managed to venture outta the house for dinner.

I know that on hindsight that I am gonna feel very silly.
It is just one of those things which emotions just overwhelmed one.
In any case, I am still extremely sore that I missed the first concert with En, cuz apparently he really enjoyed it, and was able to sit through the concert for 1.5 hrs.

Well.. NJ did not take any pics etc so I won't really know, I think he is just afraid to rub salt on wound as he knows I am so not ever going to forgive him for this.

Still, on a positive note, it is one of those lessons one inevitably gotta learn.

There are things that the man still does not know about a woman's way of thinking despite knowing each other for 10 years.
We cannot expect a man to know what we want all the time.

And I have this streak of wanting to experience as much of the 2 boys as I can.
I feel that the experience of motherhood is kinda linear.
Some things, some experiences only happen once.
Kinda like the first time the baby crawls, the first time he calls you Mummy, the first time that he walks towards you...

All these milestones are special in those moments when they happened.
And I want to be part of those milestones.
I take parenthood very seriously as an experience.

*********************************************************

Anyway, I am so going to blog this conversation that Husband and I just had half an hour ago.

In the aftermath of the emotional turmoil that wasted me away for the whole of Saturday, I continue to "torment" him with little nudges and poison.

So i asked: "When was the last time you bought me something... You bought En new add-ons for his Crocs, and even a new book fr him etc etc.. when did you last buy me anything.."

And he answered "Last week, when you ran outta coffee, I bought you the coffee (Refills). Coffee is very important to you..."

*faint* Well, goes to show how different man and woman are yeah..
Sala frequency all the way lor!

No comments:

Followers