Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The First Time En Stood Up for Me

I want to note this down today - The day history was made with Obama elected as the President in the US (Woohooo!!) , and the day En stood up for me.

For the First time.

I was reminded of the book 'For One More Day" by Mitch Albom and how I was touched by the protagonist's regrets over the times that he did not stand up for his mum, versus the number of times his mother stood up for him.

And knowingly or not, today, little En En stood up for me.

My mum related this short incident to me, which took place over today's dinner, which so melted my heart.

En apparently has been feeding himself since the new helper Pui Pui came. Today over dinner, as Pui Pui sat down for her dinner and started scooping the green vegtables onto her plate, En said the following to her:
"Do not take so much vegetables. Must keep for mummy. Cuz mummy has baby."

Everyone was taken aback - Nai Nai, Po Po and Pui Pui.

And i am very touched.
By this first time my son "stood up" for me.
It is a little gesture.
But it shows us the depth of his big heart.
Not only for mummy, but for baby brother - something that I am still not sure whether he has strong cognition of yet.

And today I also know that I have a place in his heart.
A space signnificant enough for him to think of my interests and speak up for me.
Especially from this little boy whom I always thought adores Papa more than me.

It is a small gesture.
It is even a rather impolite gesture.
But it made my day.
Making me smile while wanting to weep.
And in such times when I sometimes feel alone, and in need of pampering.

Thank you En En. Not only because you stood up for me, but because with all these little episodes, you have made me enjoy these little precious moments of motherhood.

You have made my experience of motherhood a journey full of little surprises and grand amazements; it is a wonderful journey because you are with me.
For this, I Thank you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

恩恩长大了哦,是大哥哥了:)小朋友总是在我们不知不觉中成长:)

hui2

JoyfulJazzyMummy said...

He is so sweet, especially since it came out from his heart, without anyone nudging him nor reminding him ...

My hugs to En En too (^-^)

Baby En said...

hello HH!!

How are you in London?
You know Maggie is going there on 15 Nov there...for wk this time, she just came back from a leisure trip there too!

Yes, i am constantly amazed by what little children cando, theyare just so amazing and unpredictable.

takecare, and well i was looking forward to your facebook photos/ news via Ah Bob's blog.
:)

Baby En said...

JJ mummmy, ya lor.. in times like this, it takes away the longing I have for having gals.. Cuz En is as sensitive as a little gal:)

november huey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi miew,
going back to school is tougher than i thought:( and it doesn't help that i miss my lele sooooo much :(
what's Maggie's email? can you email me (limhweex2@gmail.com) her email addy? maybe i can meet up with her while she's here :)
btw, xuan is so cute :)
HH

Followers