Tuesday, October 28, 2008

En's First Concert - Another Milestone

25 oct is an eventful day for En.
It started with his concert, which gave him his stage fright, then his birthday party in the afternoon which he kinda enjoyed and ended with a Halloween party which gave him a ghostly fright..

MGS concert Hall
So all in all, he cried quite a bit that day, poor boy.
For now, I just want to share his concert experience.

Some time back, we got an invite from school about the K2 graduation concert.
And that all kids are encouraged to participate.
I thought it will be a learning experience for the kids.

So gamely, we signed En En up.. even though we know he will be a scary cat.
But we thought it will be a fun process.

And it seems fun to him, as he will come home singing the little frog song in Chinese, accompanied with actions and lots of jumping.

Must get that video off my mum's handphone that had him jumping around as a frog.
So all along i thought he was a frog.

And he seemed to enjoyed the rehearsals - very serious stuff, we will get memos on how to dress the kid ofr rehearsals, the time, the things to prep and bring..

Then, on the day of the concert, we realised he was actually a tree!
One crying tree who was valiantly trying to wipe his tears away while still swaying the leaf.
It was hilarious. And both hubby and I thought he did very well.

Knowing En, when the curtains opened, he must had a bad fright seeing all the audience.
But he did not run off the stage, or stone.
He sat there (as the tree was supposed to) and sway his leaf vigorously, while using one hand to wipe his face of tears.
His favourite friend Gwen Gwen was seated next to him on stage as a flower, and she would also mimic his face of wiping off the tears, as if comforting him. It was indeed hilarious!

At the grand finale, he was still crying and we got a good quick video of how it went. Classic.

The concert made me recalled my K2 graduation ceremony at the old Cathay cinema.
And I had to go stage to collect the prize as I was top in class.

Fast forward to now, where the principal started the concert with the K2 graduation and said that the names are in alphbetical order (so not in order of merit) and that the performance is to let the kids enjoy themselves and not meant as a showcase of what the schools can do.

I like that. I grew up trying to be number 1 to stay ahead. At least that is what the worksheets and assignments are all about even when I was in kindergarten.

My sons grow up, trying their best in different situations knowing that their efforts will be appreciated... like in this case!

The Classic - Tale of a Brave Boy!




Xuan Xuan thoroughly enjoyed himself at the concert! When we played the classic video for him, he imitated En wiping his face, and tried to say 'cry, Cry'. That was funny too! We all have a good laugh, even En.

2 comments:

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

I was smiling when I read your description about En on stage. :) Well done, En!

Ee Zen's graduation concert will be held next week and I wonder if my boy would get stage jitters too? So far he seems to be enjoying the practice sessions and even the rehearsal at the auditorium. But I agree, it could be different story once the kids see the MASS of people in the auditorium. Even me as an adult gets somewhat nervous being on stage!

JoyfulJazzyMummy said...

En is CUTE! Me too, giggling when I read your account. And I think, despite the shedding of tears, En might have still enjoyed this experience. See? Instead of throwing tantrums on the stage, he still remembered and was willing to "sway" =)

Can't wait to read about Xuan's concert too, errr... in a few years' time?

Followers