Saturday, October 04, 2008

Half a week in Beijing already!!!!!

So fast and it is Sunday already. NJ is out to see the doc, as he has sore throat and a flu, which he claims to be passed on by me (which I think definitely not - more likely cuz he did not wear his jacket when we were out one evening and the temperature took to a dip!)
En has been a happy boy... As you can see in his photos with Papa, the glowing smiles can't lie .  

He has been like a sticky - stuck to Papa, and wants Papa to be with him for everything, from patting him to bed to holding his hand etc. And he will utter comments like 

"I very like Papa's house, you know" or "I very like Papa you know".

Sigh.

Every day, we have 2 slots to go out, before lunch and after lunch. As En needs to take his noon nap, and so far we have managed rather well. 

We have done various rounds of grocery shopping, so I can cook for the boys when NJ is in school next week.

We have also done a fair share of sight-seeing. The weather is beautiful till Friday, not too cold and really quite 风和日丽. However, as it is the Golden week, tonnes of people everywhere. You have not seen 人山人海, believe me.. unless you are in China. 

We went to the Summer Palace, and it seems like we are looking at the people more than the sights.. I could not really see the much touted beauty, cuz there are so many ppl to see!
En enjoyed the Dragon boat rides, and that much is probably the highlight for him from the Summer Palace.

I challenged myself to climb this huge flights of stairs to get to the paranomic view from the top of the temple in the Summer Palace.. 















I think this Baby is gonna be a determined baby, cuz Mummy has done various brave and resilient attempts while carrying Baby! We actually climbed all this way up!















En is happiest when he is posing with Papa. Contrast with his reluctance to be with Mummy :(
So I feel like I am their photographer!






 

































We also walked to Papa's school, both the scenic part and the functional part of the school, so that En and I have a glimpse of how Papa's life is like in China.


































This scenic part of Bei-da, the 未名湖 reminds me of a mix of the Chinese gardens, the Botanic Gardens and the Haw Paw Villa in the 80s. The greens, the stone, the temple.. all very nostalgic.
It is really beautiful, and i can imagine college couples hanging out here, dating..

















Food has been great so far, easy to find healthy balanced meal for En to eat. 
This is my favourite restaurant, except for the fact that while it has lots of non-smoking signs, the non-smoking part is not enforced.
We have had lunch there, and also dinner with NJ's friends there one night.
It serves great Cantonese soup that is nourishing and flavorful. 
The dishes are all quite fine and palatable. 
If only it is truly non smoking, I will eat there more often!



















Of course, I have never been more domesticated..
I washed countless dishes in these 4 days, cleaned up the table, cooked the morning eggs for En.
Made En his fruits.. 

And of course.. as the weather turned cooler, we also bought En his new Winter wear ..
I think kids look utterly adorable in winter clothing.. all bundled up save for the face. 
Here are snapshots of En.. Happy as always in Papa's house!



















En in his new army green jacket, which really goes well with the Khaki pants.


















Papa also bought En his play dough set which kept En satisfied and occupied.




































One more week to go.. where Papa will have to go school while I tend to En alone..
Let's see how it goes.. 
But I am ever conscious of the time ticking away...

6 comments:

Skyy Low 刘乐天 said...

Glad that u pp r having gd times together! Cheers! Do remember to take care as well. :)

JoyfulJazzyMummy said...

thanks for putting this post to share =) En really looks delighted. You look great too!

shopping mama queen said...

Hi Miew! En looks really happy in Beijing. You looked great too. I really have to say that your hubby is really good with your children.

ps: i happened to see his blog and think that he is really a good writer. His chinese is really good!

take care!

Baby En said...

Thanks all! Yah, the boys seem to be having more fun, though I miss Xuan quit a bit.

Xuan seems "angry" whenever we skype him, he has this v ferocious look!

Shopping mama queen, I will let hubby know that a Chinese teacher think so!! :)

Baby En said...

Thanks all! Yah, the boys seem to be having more fun, though I miss Xuan quite a bit.

Xuan seems "angry" whenever we skype him, he has this v ferocious look!

Shopping mama queen, I will let hubby know that a Chinese teacher think so!! :)

Baby En said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers