Saturday, July 18, 2009

Finally!!

Hooray!! Finally I found a way to access blogspot and wordpress.. beyond the great Firewall of China. However, it seems to be a trade off for the lack of access to Facebook (which was formerly accessible).

This epitomises life in China. To a very large extent, change is constant.

Building appear everyday; shops literally spring up overnight. Steps get built in the middle of the night and the next day you have shiny new steps to climb.

Regulations are evolving, what is possible today get changed and becomes impossible in a matter of weeks. That is how I end up in Hong Kong for visa extension but that is another story..

It also epitomises our life in China, it is all about coping with changes.


As Rui move into the weaning stage, his routine changes, even his looks seem to change. The extent of his mobility changes rapidly as well.


As Xuan continues to cope insecurely with all the changes, he continues to find means to adapt to the new environment.


And En continues to grow up rapidly into a mini adult - bossing over his brothers and us, playing teacer to Xuan and me and learning from the new environment along the way.

It IS overwhelming and many times I cannot believe I am living this life. Frankly.
What was planned did not necessarily turn out the same, e.g. we do not manage to find a suitable and capable nanny, and I learnt that it is simply chaotic to live a life without assumptions.

When you are in a familiar environment, you have a set of assumptions to work with, which most people will concur with and thereby they also make similiar sets of assumptions. Hence, people are able to understand and get along reasonably amicably.

In this world, I find that our old assumptions are contiually being challenged. We have to pick up new assmptions quickly or risk being immensely frustrated.

For now, I am just happily relishing my new found freedom online. I learn to really appreciate many litte thngs that we have taken for granted in our world in Singapore. And I am glad we have this chance to learn and see things that we have taken for granted in new light.

*_*

5 comments:

stardust said...

Thanks for your well wishes and welcome back to blogging.

What a nice quaint home you have set up there! Rui is so cute with his chubby arms and all.

shopping mama queen said...

Welcome back! It's good to see back in the blogging community.

Kind of missed your entries! hahaha..

Baby Rui has grown up so much! Time really flies!

As for my new blog look, I got it from this website http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/

It has instructions on how to update our blog with new look.

See you around!

bp said...

yay, it's great to have you back! the boys look great!!! i hear u about having to change our assumptions and not take things for granted, i like your positive thinking!

Baby En said...

Yeah, I am glad to be back.. i so enjoy reading all your entries. and all the news kept me excited!!

Stardust, the house in the pic is not our house. It is a villa at the recent beach holiday we took when my parents were here. Beijing is way too hot and we went to a seaside town to cool off a little!! :)

Baby En said...

Yeah, I am glad to be back.. i so enjoy reading all your entries. and all the news kept me excited!!

Stardust, the house in the pic is not our house. It is a villa at the recent beach holiday we took when my parents were here. Beijing is way too hot and we went to a seaside town to cool off a little!! :)

Followers