Friday, September 22, 2006

Chasing Cars


Well, the theme of CAR seems to be quite salient in our lives recently...

Baby En has his brand new toy car that he whizzes around in, though our tiny flat probably did not offer much room for any Fast and Furious driving..

We are struggling with limited space in our car when we have our parents on outings with us.. and I wonder how we can cope when Baby 2 arrives (BTW, he is called Baby 2/ X cuz his parents cannot make up our minds about the name, and he is very likely to remain Baby 2 till birth at this rate haha!)

Then there is this song that refuses to go out of my head - Chasing Cars... The song and its meaning resonate quite well at the moment..

"We 'll do it all, everything, on our own
We don't need anything, or anyone
If i lay here, If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world...

Forget what you're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden
That's bursting into Life

Let's waste time chasing cars
Around our heads..."

At the moment, I am quite contented to just be where I am, and enjoy the daily simple joys of live, living and let live.. no targets to chase, no ladders to climb, no battles to fight...

Just relish and savour what we have at the moment.. and i am trying to forget the numerous insinuous "rules" we live by daily... and Enjoy the satisfaction and joy yielded from little things such as finding that violin album i have been looking for, finding that book which I am dying to lay my hands on.. sometimes we just need to break free from the routine and whatever we have been feverishly chasing.. and take stock of what we have instead, and in a way I am glad that having babies has allowed me to do that... kinda forced me to slow down if you look at it..

So there are the babies - Baby en and Baby 2/X - both growing fine and well.. en seems to be contented just to just crawl around and trying to stand - we are now waiting to see when he will take his first baby steps.. well, it does seem a bit ironic that he is driving even before he has learnt to walk!!!

Every night when I see him in his cot, i cant help thinking how fast time has flown and what a sturdy boy he is growing into, and right before our eyes.. and while I will be so glad to complete my child bearing national "replacement" duties before i turn 30, i just have this niggling feeling that somewhere down the road, i will begin to miss these moments now which is passing by so fast!! Carp Diem Carp Diem indeed! and perhaps it really wont be very long before i will be preoccupied, instead, with chasing Baby en....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Followers