Monday, August 18, 2008

Baby Boy III

back dated entry.. so much these and that cluttering my mind i actually forgot this announcement that will entertain many with incredulous laughter.

Ok, the verdict is out, we are gonna have a Baby boy III.
yes, you have my permission to offer us your condolences and comfort.
Unbelievable hor..
I grow up in a household of women, except my dad.
My parents wanted all their lives to have a son, simple cuz my paternal relatives are medieval people who believe only guys are good for something.

and here we are, only wishing for one gal.
My mum said she went to the 观音庙 to draw a lot on whether we are expecting a daughter some time back, and the response from the gods were it is all written in fate.

Well, frankly I am not that disappointed.. cuz there is more certainty in a boy than a gal, after all i ve the experiences of 2 to go by. I save a lot of money in recycling toys and clothes. Not to mention some hand me downs from Nj's cousin.. who all have boys... I just miss buying all the cutie ballon pants and gingham tops for baby gals.

I am just amazed.. well.. my gynae says i can be prepared to have 3 daughter in laws.. OMG. That is enough for me to declare to hubby we are gonna retire in a swanky tiny studio apartment..

I just wonder what will NO. 3 bring?
Any more surprises? after all some will say 1 boy is like another boy..
I will wait and see.. it will be interesting if he will look like gor Gor 1 or Gor gor 2.

for now, the bigger dilemna is in the name.
We really did not kid when we say we have no more names and yet still have to go with the family tradition in naming.
Can't imagine? let me give you an illusration of the kind of difficulty the 保 is giving us.

Like i like 保宇 - ala uphold the universe, grand and nice right? But it sound like abalone if you read it in English.
How about 保哲 - uphold philosophy. but my dad says the surname is 叶, so its sounds like breaking the leave 叶保哲. No good.
I like the range of 保凯 - in hokkien, it sounds like definitely will spend - a spendthrift, or 保熙 in hokkien which sounds like sure die - bao-xi-4. All cannot obviously.

Even the simple upholder of happiness, 保乐 can be mis-construed as 饱了!
then you have the host of gambling jokes that can be formed..

bao赢, bao胡 majong, bao中 toto, bao山bao海.

So i conclude, whatever the name is, it will be bao-drama!
Well, if you have any brilliant thoughts, let me know..
originally I was so happy with 保哲, so I have the series of upholder of gratitude, upholder of literacy/ knowledge, and upholder of philosophy.

i really want an upholder of GLORY.. any thoughts.. let me know!!

7 comments:

Skyy Low 刘乐天 said...

Bao Feng or Bao Qi? :)

shopping mama queen said...

how abt baowen? or bao yang?

Anonymous said...

Bao Jing?? or Bao Sheng, Bao Jie? Bao Xing??

Baby En said...

cool.. hubby brought home his chinese dictionary, we will check out these options..

Thanks... the more the merrier..

JoyfulJazzyMummy said...

My hubby traditional hainanese too. his parents even more rooted to tradition, so if we ever have a boy, the middle name has to be "ji", as in "ji" in "cheng ji" (results). I did gave it a few thoughts whenever i was pregnant, just in case I have boy.

I like "fan", as in "ping fan". but rejected it as together it will sound like "ji fan" - chicken rice. how about "de" - virtue? haha... can "ji de" but it sounds so cliche =)

Now, shd I be glad I dun have boys? Haha... one thing for sure, my in-laws definitely aren't!

dEliRiuM said...

upholder of glory - 保荣
upholder of peace - 保恬

Baby En said...

JJmummy, you dunno how i, and NJ probably loads more than me, am now envious of those who have gals.
Previously, at least I can say, no need for envy, i will have one of my own one day.. Now I know it is simply not in our fates.

But i find it so ironic that my mum and dad so want a boy, and they only have gals, and I am in the reverse.

Delirum, the glory is what i like too, but my dad's name has that word, so the elders say cannot use names of the elders.. alas..

The peace option is unique though.. I must go check how to pronounce it..Yes, maybe peace will be gd.. given the 3 boys!!

Followers