Thursday, August 28, 2008

Being afraid

Was watching Season 4 of Grey Anatonmy .. I am crazy over the show, even though I really cannot stand the gore and blood. But the stories and the philosophy astound and intrigue me..

And in one of the episode, I got enlightened by the following exchange..
A paramedic was suffering from severe injuries, and thought he was going to die. And he kept delaying the some complex treatment procedure that Meredith was going to implement because he said he wasafraid and he did not want to die afraid.

And Richard (the boss of the hospital) said the following:

"It is alright to be afraid.
We are afraid because we still have something to lose..."


And in that instant, I feel as if someone turned on a switch in my brain.
Yes, it is indeed insightful. We are afraid and we fear because we have something to hang on to.

Recently I happened to listen to this song by 光良, "不会分离"..
And it is haunting.. :)

bu hui fen li

No comments:

Followers