Tuesday, August 05, 2008

天长地久

I got misty eyed when I read this entry ' 简单的关怀' by Dairies of a Shopping Mama Queen. How I envy her MIL, and what a sweet old man her FIL is!!

And when I recently heard about a friend's partner of 10 years walking away from the relationship, and subsequently from the grapevine that the man is seeing another girl in his office, I wonder how is it that some couples stay together and remain in love for life, while others find it easy to forsake all the years of relationship for a new, novel experience?

To stay in love, and express in different simple ways the love, seems really hard.
How do you honestly comfort someone when her partner can throw 10 years of relationship away in a blink of an eye, without much apparent rhyme or reason?

My friend still does not know about the 'real' reason which compelled her partner to break off his relationship with her. And she is wondering if she wants to fight for the 10 years of past or o let go and hope all the best for the future...

What determines that 2 persons can stay always in love and together?
Whatever, if..
In 30 years time, if hubby still remembers my favorite food and my favorite song, I will die happy! Maybe even as simple as remembering to hold hands, dun walk too fast, and stay by my side, I shall be grateful!

I must remember to stay in love with hubby and not lose sight of that goal!

No comments:

Followers