Friday, February 06, 2009

The Artist

En has always been interested in drawing.
He loves his art class, and since Papa went away, we ended his weekly art class.

Hence, when his school launched a series of enrichment classes after school, I was glad to see Art classes offered, amidst other classes such as swimming, speech and drama, Mandarin etc.

Half of me wanted to sign him up for swimming, as it is an essential skill, but Xuan seems too young for it and I will prefer the boys to learn it together. Nonetheless, I asked En, whether he wanted to do the Art class or swimming class, and sure enough Art class excites him more, much as we try to persuade him to consider swimming.

Thus far, En has attended 4 classes and I must say he has shown significant progress.
Not sure whether it is due to husband's influence these weeks or the classes, but he has been experimenting with different doodle and even did a rather good drawing of the cow and lion now.

I am impressed with the art class teacher, as he never fails to post emails to parents of kids attending his class on the weekly art class activity, and with pictures!

Here is what he wrote the week before CNY, and I was very impressed as I really feel involved with the classes.

"Dear Parents,

Last week we did crayon drawing with the theme ‘Fireworks’. We imagined how fireworks were shot up into the sky and explode like flowers. Although you may find the pictures ‘messy’, if you listen to the little artist’s explanation, you would be impressed by their great imagination. We enjoyed the time talking, imagining, acting, and drawing about fireworks together. I hope you enjoyed sharing the joy from your children at home. You children will be confident and proud of their achievements by your support and encouragement. Attached photos are for your reference.

Wish you and your family a prosperous year of ox!"

En's Calendar for 2009!












Fireworks to welcome the New Year















A Work in Progress Treasure Box these 2 weeks!








And just the other night, En asked me to draw an elephant. So I did on his doodle pad.

And he said: "Mummy, you draw wrong! Not like that."

And told me that the elephant that Papa drew is not like that. And he then proceeded to ask Papa to draw him an elephant. *Roll eyes*

Of course, Papa is a better artist than me la, that may be where the genes came from, but who is to say my elephant is not right?! Sigh.

The battle of wits has begun..


6 comments:

JoyfulJazzyMummy said...

En is damned funny. Me too, can't draw as well as Joy =P

Baby En said...

Ya la, I dunno to be offended r be amused when he said my elephant "not nice". Sigh - beauty in the eye of beholder lor.

JoyfulJazzyMummy said...

Hahaha... yah....
Btw, the class that En is attending seems very good. Like the way they carry out the lesson.

Skyy Low 刘乐天 said...

En drew me his big, small & tiny "Bad Wolf" on his Dooddle board yesterday while he wanted me to draw him house instead...luckily he nv comment on my drawing. haha

bp said...

hahaha, be amused, not offended... I'm glad to hear and see En having such a wonderful time, doing the very thing he loves! Do share with us more of his masterpieces, and I think you'll run out of space to display Them on your walls soon... so capture them digitally =). Isn't it nice of the teacher to send those email updates? Ben's class teacher does the same, and I really appreciate it being kept in the loop like this!

Anonymous said...

Scott from diyfather.com here – I’m one of the authors of “Call Me Dad!” a practical guide for expectant / new fathers. We believe our book is a unique take on parenting from a male perspective – it’s practical, to-the-point and funny. It’s just a great read and makes for a perfect gift for all dads-to-be.
The book is sold by offline and online resellers but we are also selling it directly on our website and we offer a commission of $2.50 per sale for other sites who link to our site. We thought your site has a good fit with our target audience and so I was wondering whether you’d be interested in joining our affiliate programme (www.diyfather.com/affiliate)?
Best wishes, Scott

Followers