Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Dark Mark


I want to blog about Baby Xuan's "Dark Mark" for the longest time..
Yet somehow, it just always slips my mind.

And for those Harry Potter fans like me, you will notice the various Harry Potter signs that I have used and been using, such as "Torture clients with the Cruciatus Curse or the Imperious Curse" as my MSN tagline, and now talking about the Dark Mark... well, I am trying to keep the story alive for myself.

Now about Xuan Xuan's Dark Mark, it is this thing that he has on him.
We never know he has this mark till we shave off all his hair at 4 mths.
Then this rectangular mark appears at the back of his head, right smack in the centre at the back of his head, a blackish rectangular shape thing - much like a flag.

Then the strangest thing is that, now, 3 months after the hair cut, when all the hair has grown out, and sticking out and upright on his head, that little patch, and ONLY that little patch, remains hair-less.

I am now a bit worried that that patch will not grow any hair.
And Xuan looks a bit odd with this hair-less dark mark.

And my mum has the strangest theory about it:

She recalled that when I was pregnant with Xuan, that we all went to a chalet for a birthday party. To get in and out of the chalet at Pasir Ris, we have to get stamped on the back of our hands so as to be able to return to the chalets without paying the entrance fees again.

And my mum thinks that that little stamp kinda got transferred to the back of Xuan Xuan's head, when I was pregnant with him back then.

Do not ask me how and whys..it baffles and bewilders me. And my mum says that is also the reason why, the Chinese have so many traditions/ superstitions governing the pregnant ladies, such as not sewing on the bed, not moving the bed during the pregnancy, not hammering anything within the house etc etc.

I am now wondering about this dark mark, i guess so long as Xuan Xuan's hair grows out soon to cover it, I won't be too concerned. Except that during his NS next time, Xuan will probably offer his camp mates some entertainment with his botak head that has a dark mark on the back.

Will upload photo shortly to illustrate the point...

1 comment:

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

Hi there, I'm also NJ's former schoolmate from AJ.

Shan Ee (who is 1 month younger than Xuan) also has a bald patch, though she doesn't have that dark mark. Wonder if this is common of babies to have a bald patch? Hope Shan Ee's hair will grow denser soon, now everyone thinks she is a boy. I know it's cool for girls to be bald nowadays, but somehow still prefer Shan Ee to have more hair, haha.

Followers