Monday, November 06, 2006

Feeling So Ashamed..


of myself. Just on Sunday, we went to the ever crowded Marina food court for simple dinner with En and my parents...

And 2 tables away from us, I saw a teenage boy on a wheelchair, and it was obvious that he had some disability which seems to prevent him from even lifting his head, nor move any parts of his body...

Yet, his expression was one of contentment and joy as he ate his dinner, and I saw his mum was painstakingly feeding him his dinner one mouthful at a time.. also with joy and at ease... The boy was well dressed for the outing, even with a watch on his hand. Other family members sat around the table, conversing with ease and well, very normally...

And as I watched, I was awashed in shame..

- Ashamed of those times when I have allowed myself to feel dis-spirited because I felt so alone in my pregnancy and for having a kid, which set me so apart and alienated from friends who are either single or married without kids
- Ashamed of those times when I face my own fears of how we can cope with bringing En out and the hassle it involves when bringing a kid out

As I watch the boy and his family, what seems so easy and at ease would not have come easy, yet these people are taking it in stride and moving on with their lives as normally and enjoyably as they can..

It made me re-think and reflect how we should just adapt to changes with courage and take on life-changing changes in stride.. That is what it means by moving on in life, if you care, come along for the ride, if not, each new change and experience bring their own little joy and satifaction too, if we can only face them with ease and courage.. and count all our little blessings..

No comments:

Followers