Monday, January 29, 2007

Finally in 12 College Green

I thought I hate moving, but the greater evil is UNPACKING!!!!! I hate the feeling of searching for items like looking for needles in the hay; one has to plow through numerous boxes before we can even hit the right box, and then look through all the items within that box..

When you want a new item, the search starts all over again..


BREASTMILK LOST IN TRANSIT

The moving has been a nightmare.. and the joke or the saga or the greatest nightmare, whichever you want to call it, was, I lost 150ml of breastmilk in transit.. yeah..the milk which I painstakingly expressed for Xuan was lost in transit.. And I looked through all the boxes but I could not find it..

Of course as usual, the cooler bag with the milk turned up at 12 midnight, amidst a box containing hardware stuff and the vacuum cleaner... Dun ask me how it got there, no one knows, and I never thought to check that box as it was sealed before I took the milk outta the fridge..

See the huge box in the middle of the living room? That's the incriminating box which hid my breastmilk.. sob sob, UPset I really was.. By the time the milk was found, I did not dare to let Xuan Xuan drink it.. what a waste of good vitamins, antibodies, DHA, etc etc... blah!

************************************************************************************

First day at college green was hectic, but Xuan Xuan seems to love it.. i brought him for walks around the estate, visited our cousin across the estate, read him a few rhymes from a book at cousin's place, walked back and he fell asleep.. peacefully..

Music played through the hall in the bright morning, and Xuan xuan enjoys it in his rocker.. I enjoyed sitting out in the deck, and I took this picture while having my fruit and drink..
The snail on the bird of paradise seems so .. nature.. something I will not have seen in my flat, and it reminds of this lyrics from a very nice and moving song, though I dunno the song title, anyone who knows, tell me?
我要一步一步往上爬....



No lack of Visitors - I love the Company

Early morning, Von (NJ's cousin's wife - see that's why Chinese is a powerful language, her status is just 2 words in Mandarin 表嫂 instead of who's who's who) came over to offer lunch and help for us, anticipating that we may not have time to do much marketing for the foods, really nice and thoughtful of her... and other cousins dropped in too: Sze who visited Von also came over, and Si who came to fetch her kid from Von's place also dropped by for a chat.. it's fun to have company and i love the family communal feel.. and of course my mum is staying with me, and i enjoy coversing with her, like I am back home..

All in all, it's a great start - except En seems to sensitive to the dust of moving, and is now having runny nose and a watery left eye, can't wait to have the house settled and have him at home in the day so that i can play with him in the outdoors and bring him for walks!

No comments:

Followers