Sunday, January 28, 2007

Last Blog From Cantonment Close

The babies are sleeping.. Hubby is still doing the last minute packing, and I am here surrounded by boxes of accumulated memories and nostalgia as I blog this...

The nite scenes which I am used to, and so love for the longest time, are going to be out of my life and I am really sad..

I love the city and the sea view; on nights when I have a lot on my mind, the lights of the city scrapers comforted me.. and the breeze of the sea and the lights and bustle of the port always excite me.. I remember telling hubby before that I have always (as far as I can remember) lived in flats where there is a sea view.. Such flats are often breezy and I love looking at the vast waters.. (Ok, so Teban Gardens did not really have a sea, still, the reservoir is spectacular during sunset and it is vast area of water right?!) I will miss these views... very much... And I will miss this house, which has housed so much of my life with hubby and the boys.. life here has been lovely!
















The packing has been horrendously horrible!! I hate the packing, but the glimpse of the new place motivated me.. still, while the new place has its own seductive allure, it does not have a seaview.. Still I feel quite at home already, cuz I also remembered telling hubby (I seem to be telling hubby a lot of nonsensical things hor, now that I blog about it..), that I want to go back to stay in Bukit Timah, which was my first home, according to my parents..

Well, i did not remember staying there, too young as a baby I guess.. (just as I am sure En & Xuan will not remember staying in thsi high rise city cum sea view flat, so we took lotsa pictures to preserve the memories for them, esp. for En)

So I was looking at my birth cert the other day, and true enough, it states, 2B- Namly Avenue.. Wa Zan!! Very high class leh.. well, my parents rented the place, and now i am back to the Bukit Timah area, also renting the house.. Well, so much for Karma right.. I mean, when I told hubby I want to eventually go back to my birth place to stay, I never really thought that it will come true. Then again, life has its owns twists and turns and I believe in karma, or when I am romantic, I can fantasize that my hubby takes all the nonsensical stuff I say to heart and make them come true for me.. hahaah!

Finally, A look at 12 College Green as its nick-nack stage.. and the furbishing of the house made me realise I LOVE HAINANESE MEN (yes, in addition to Hainansese Chicken rice), but more on that the next time, I promise..

1 comment:

nomadinme said...

Hwah, your new place looks good. So when are you inviting me for tea? Hee...

Think Xuan looks like you - he 'has' your lips :)

Followers