Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Lash Out!!

I said before that I love En's lashes best.. Again, see the length and the curl, i just can't help noticing it..

Baby Xuan now has some tiny brown lashes, I wonder if they will turn out the way En's did.. I am keeping my fingers crossed..

But at the same time, I keep having to remind myself that the two boys are different, will be different, and that I have to take their differences in stride and not just hoping that Xuan will turn out exactly like En..

I mean, its such a conflict.. On one hand, cuz I am so used to En's looks and ways, sometimes it is so easy to lapse into the "En-centric" mode when assessing or looking at Xuan.. then again, if Xuan is everything like En, then Xuan will always have to live in En's shadows, which will be unhealthy..

I suppose, it is good to have different and distinct features and characteristics between the 2 brothers, but perhaps cuz En was our first and only baby for a while, it is inevitable that he kinda became the benchmark with which we form our opinion of babies.. and it really does not help that even very objectively speaking, En is quite a cutie pie.

Maybe its still too young to assess for Baby Xuan, as he grows, who knows, Xuan may be a real charmer in his own right too.. after all, they do share the same gene pool ya?!

No comments:

Followers