Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year Wishes...

Every year I have some fanciful new year wishes and resolutions - such as vowing to curb my temper (duh!), to be more reasonable and patient even in face of extreme antagonism (Duh duh!), or to be more organised around the house and at work (i.e. no more piles of paper or books stacked up anywhere - as if)!

But over the past 2 years, my wishes and resolutions had gotten simpler and more down to earth, i.e. more concrete and tangible and actionable, as guided by things I really like to do or have.. having kids kinda puts one in a different zone..

1. I wish for good health for all my family and myself, only with the blessing of good health, will we have the energy to pursue other things, e.g. no point wishing for more holiday trips etc if we are always sick and fretful right?

2. Next, I also vow to spend more time with hubby, and Momo.. I have excluded the boys because I think it is currently in their nature to demand for attention, but I will have to make a conscious effort to spend time with Momo and hubby.. and quality time at that. That means more private quality time spent with hubby, sizzling spontaneous moments still, (hopefully no aborted plans or disruptive phone calls) and good walks with Momo. Hubby commented one day that Momo is quite pitiful as she spent the best of her glorious 2-3 active years as a pet waiting.. waiting for me to deliver (so not much active sports for her), waiting for En and now Xuan to grow older so she can be around them more easily and play with them... I feel very sad at that.. I don't want to think of Momo old and tired when the boys are old enough to engage her.. So this year, I make it a point to make an date with Momo often..

3. Lastly, something a bit more intangible, I wish to keep the child in me alive, to continue seeking my desire for dreams, romance and believing the impossible-may-come-true .. . I will be turning 30 in (oh God) 30 days time.. yup, counting down to it is like a time bomb going off.. but I don't want to turn old and dodgy.. I don't want to turn jaded and dis-illusioned, as the years go by, sometimes i feel myself being terrible cynic.. So this year, and every year forth, I am gonna remember to keep my dreams alive and LIVE constantly.. I mean really live a life, and not just go with the flow..

Here's to my toast to the new year with a blast!
With the 2 boys, along with Momo and Hubby, life has never been more spontaneous, exhilarating and and vibrant.. it is tiring many a times, painful sometimes, but always memorable and meaningful.. Well, it seems quite like "Life starts at 30" for me!

No comments:

Followers