Saturday, February 10, 2007

Xuan Xuan's First Fever & 后天的努力

Brought the 2 boys to take their jabs the other day;

En to take his chickenpox jab and his Hep B booster; talking about chickenpox reminded me of Bak Chew's adult chickenpox horror, (read here) -- if kids are immunised against chickenpox now, and then kena chickenpox during adult stage maybe cuz by the the immunisation wore off already, will it be equally bad? Gee, I forgot to ask Doc that!! But Alas the deed is done..

Xuan took his MMR, measles, rubella and dunno what, maybe Mumps?

Even though both babies took their fever medication for preventative measure, Xuan still kena fever. Sigh.

Think Xuan maybe not as strong as En, En did not have fever back then, and Hubby's point was Xuan drink more breastmilk also like not as strong as En. So i can stop breastfeeding liao.

My argument is maybe Xuan's natural body constitution not so good, so must have 后天的补充 and 努力. The nature versus nurture battle, maybe Xuan needs more nurturing (ala through the magical breastmilk lor) to be stronger.

Still he is definitely a bigger baby than En at the same point in time.
Half a kilo heavier, but 1 cm shorter. Considering that Xuan was born half a kilo lighter than En, his progress is then more than En lor - THAT IS WHY MUST HAVE 后天的努力! Maybe this proves that post birth nurturing more important than what nature has provided yeah?!

So continue to breastfeed I must.

I been meaning to write about my battle with breastfeeding, but my 2 hr free time away from breastfeeding block has not allowed me much time to pen it all down, but I promise I will blog my very controversial perspective on breastfeeding, even though I am still a slave to it.

I mean, its like my mind rebels against it, but my heart urged me to go one for fear of consequences. Eh.. in a sense, it like akeen to being religious/ being superstitious, sometimes you know some rites are silly, your mind rebels against it, but the fear of going to hell or purgatory just keep you in line.

I am like that now, and it is a BAD place to be in - exactly - between a rock and the hard place. Darn. It is time to pump again! sigh.

No comments:

Followers