Thursday, May 03, 2007

Missing my Kids...

Just had to do 2 groups a day ending up at home past 10:30.. both kiddies sleep already..
The saving grace is I will go work closer to noon tomorrow so I can play with them in the morning!

I think working mums lack control.. over the kids, how they should be fed (like weaning Xuan now is so hard to control when I am not the one doing it), what they should play with etc etc.. Then again, i suppose the non working mum may not have the purchasing power for the kids (unless one is a taitai).. I think I will hate it if I have to scrimp every cents on what I want to buy for the kids.. a fine balance will be nice..

Celestal and hubby and kids came by to visit on May day.. seeing her, I just look forward to the day Xuan xuan turns 1 plus.. Yoo HOO.. freedom..

As it is.. when I self introduce at the groups as a mum with 2, some people told me afterwards that they thought I was not even married, much less have a 4 mth old kid.. Wah Lau, i take it as a compliment lor.. if not they probably think I shotgun or something lor..

But it feeels good to be different.. mainstream is sooooo boring yah..
Think by the time I survive through to Dec this yr.. my freedom is in sight..

But already i feel the baby-hood of the kids.. when I look at En now.. his constant antics of being notti can be so trying. While I appreciate his strong character and strong sense of self, it is very hard to play mind games with him.. or to psyche him to be better behaved.

In contrast, it made me so want to "keep" xuan now.. inquisitive but yet so precocious.
You know, I think hor, baby knows what is happening even in sleep.. Various times when at night, when I look at xuan xuan or lay my head near his, or kiss his forehead or whisper 'mummy loves you" to him, he will smile in his sleep. No joke! very funny lor.

And he never fails to smile at me.. so sweet.
Though let not his sweet temperament fool you. When En En tries to bully him (throw wooden blocks at him, tug the ring toys from him, or one evening dun even know what En did), Xuan nearly wail the house down, and with streaming tears, something that I hardly see in Xuan - yes, amazing since birth, I can count on 1 hand the number of times he cries with tears.. (a strong contrast to En of course).

So I think Xuan will be quite a character too.. let's wait and see.. as time passes by, his personality is gradually showing..hm..

No comments:

Followers