Saturday, June 16, 2007

保恩三步曲

Momo has returned to our house again.
And as I stayed at home today, with the 2 boys, our dog and my husband, I realise this is what I have always envisaged as my happy family.

Some years back - my ideal family would consist of hubby and our dogs - 2 corgis.
But now, I think life is about as good as it gets.

The rings of en's excited screams and paddling feet as he tries to out-run momo or chase Momo..
The gurgles of Xuan as he lies on his mega mat, and me watching them .. it is a very nice feeling.

At night, with only me and hubby, and Momo at our feet, that is also a great feeling.

Complete - i think that is the word. I will still like to have another dog, maybe when the boys are older, but as it is, the dynamics are good. En has momo as a companion to keep him occupied and expands his scope of mischief, and Xuan watches the antics of them both.

Whatever that has transpired, what we have come to today is worth it.

******************************************************************

Back to my 3 recent discoveries of En:

1. I discovered another way in which En adores his dad. Food is En's only weakness.. when all else fails, he can get to him through food. Last weekend, I prepared him his snack, in hpes of instilling in him the concept of sharing, since his self-centredness has gotten from bad to worst. And I can't imagine how he will cope in childcare with the other kids.

So I taught him to share his snack with us. To feed me, feed papa and feed aunty mel.
Just now, as he was eating his snack, he took bit of the snack and went to find Papa to feed him. Upon dropping the cookie in Papa's mouth, he has this big grin and felt really pleased with himself.

Of all people, he only wanted to feed Papa. That says a lot.
And oh, he fed Momo too, with Momo eating the cookie off his fingers. Any talk of En being afraid of Momo is really ludicrous!


2. En loves chairs and TV. He love to sit in front of the TV and watch TV. That can keep him occupied for quite some time. BUt today, he took Xuan's BumBo seat - dragged it out from under the table and plong himself in it in front of the TV. Quite hilarious!

3. My little baby has grown up. He is feeding himself, and learning new phrases pretty fast.
in addition to car, he now knows buses, and in different colours, sport car, and when asked where i was, he would say "go work" and I have recently taught him to say "More Please" and he does that endearingly whenever he wants to snitch our food.

In preparation for his childcare, We started calling him Bao En, and asking him who is Bao En and teaching him to respond with "me". Of course, if the childcare starts to call him Ethan, I am not sure if he will answer at all!!

No comments:

Followers