Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A 2 Year Waiting List?!!

Despite having numerous toys, and having the outdoors to roam, it is still really a handful to manage a rambunctious En at home.. He just seems to have boundless energy which can be sapping to all looking after him.


So once again, I assessed if I should consider sending him to school sometime.. I still don't think he is ready for school yet, but as his cousin Bing Bing will soon be going to school, I thought I will check out the various types of centres available.

So I was in for a shock when I sent my inquiry to L/O Montessori, and the response I got was that they are closed for registration currently, and that they have a 1.5 to 2 years Wait List

What?!!! Why schools for little kids these days have such long waitlist, machiam like people queuing for flats back in the 70s!!! Duh!!

And I am not even thinking about the usual big brand names schools lor. I just heard that L/O is quite good and since it is rather near our place, so I thought it will be good to have that checked out.

And now, I am a tad worried.. how not to be Kia-Su in such environment huh.. and a 2yrs waitlist sound ridiculous, by the time it is En's turn, he will be like 4 / 5 yrs old already lor, quite past the age of what the school can do for him lor.

So while I still do not intend to send En to school for another 6 months, I figured I betta go check out the other centres that I am thinking of.. for all we know, they have as much waitlist or worst.. duh. And I hate this Kia-su Manifestation.. but it seems like 人在江湖, 身不由己.

Still, I resolved not to be a Kia-Su parent. Will just try my best and do what is needed.. I still think the situation in Sg is really quite ridiculous. It makes me feel like Alice, just landed in Wonderland.

No comments:

Followers