Thursday, March 08, 2007

小猪猪 and Bimbo Mum


Here is Xuan Xuan in his usual sleeping post... peacefully sleeping away in la-la-land. If you go near and peer at him, sometimes he will open his eyes, shocking you into thinking you have awaken him, but he will then close his eyes, and give you an enchanting smile, and snuggle back to dreamland again (now you know why he inspires me to compose Odes about his smiles).

That is what I call real SWEEeeeeT! And the opening eye bit has something to do with REM sleep, which is supposed to be good for developing short-term memory, and the Non-REM sleep is useful in helping babies to grow their brains, to grow in general, and develop long term memory.

So I think Hubby and I need to learn REM sleep to enhance our short term memory.
**************************************************************************

More on choosing a school for En. Choosing a school is like buying a flat these days, dozen of questions to ask, from the content, to the environment, to the teachers, the other students, and even the meals if you want.

But I have some bimbo considerations:

1. What is the uniform of the school? Back in our days, not much choice, PAP kindergarten kids all look the same.. boring blue pinafore with red tie, though that is nostalgic to me. But if given a choice, i think En looks good in red or green.. any school with those colours?

2. How many school trips do they take a year? I think school trips are such fun, so it will be good if school offers more school trips.

3. Can wear own shoes or not? I dunno if childcare centre offer shoes as part of their uniform?

4. What toys does the school have? Then En can enjoy himself like he does at home too!

Think I a bit bimbo. While I was looking for other centres, I keep finding myself wondering what types of school uniform are offered by the various centres. Then again, for boys, what else can they wear besides shirt and pants? Maybe they can wear toga - ala the Greek philosophers. Cool right? Little boys and gals running around in white togas - which allows maximum freedom of movement, and the little gals can have tiaras of flower on their heads to differentiate them.

Now that i think about it, I think graduation photo should be taken in toga robe - look more scholarly mah. After all, Greeks are known for their ancient language and wealth of knowledge no?

Now that is a thought, I think En will look so very cute in a toga robe. Think I will do my own version of his graduation photo next time, not those stiffy blue robe with square box hat - yawn!

No comments:

Followers