Friday, March 02, 2007

I am not Papa!!

I am amused and upset by Baby En - as usual. He always upset people, but also making one laugh a lot in the process.

According to the developmental stages laid out in the health book, En should be able to articulate several words by now, including Papa and Mummy. Well, we have given En a longer timeline, as we all know that boys develop slower compared to girls, and while En knows who Papa, Mummy, Gong Gong, Ye ye, Po Po, Nai Nai and aunt and a whole host of who these people are, he just refuse to call me Mummy.

An attempt to get him to call me Mummy typically runs like this:

Mummy: Call me Mummy, En en?
En: *Shakes his head* and continues with what he is doing
Mummy: Mummy, call me mummy? I give you cookie?
En: Papa!!!!
Mummy: *DUH!!!!!* *faint*

Why does my son call me Papa?! Other times he may say Mum, but that is more for food!
And for many times, whenever I ask him to call me Mummy, he will shake his head and call me Papa! And yet, he calls my hubby Papa too! DUH!!!

So I have these few theories on why he calls me Papa!

Theory 1: I am always seen with Papa, ala like Papa's woman, so he feels that Papa and me are the same kind of entity. So we are generically known as Papa to him. But the flaw with this theory is that if you ask him where is Mummy, En will come and look for me..

Theory 2: He thinks that Mum-my is too closely associated with food, his mum-mum, so he refuses to call me with a food moniker.

So I am a tad upset with him, though I keep running him through the above conversations, the results are always the same. He will either shake his head, or call me Papa, or both.

I dunno what to make of it. If anyone can, tell me!

No comments:

Followers