Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Deja-Vu... & the McDonald Family Room in KK

The arrival of Xuan is like the Return to the Birth of En..

Everything is so uncannily the same, and well, to me, I see it as a good sign, after all En has been healthy, cheeky and quite cute so far.. and when things go well, I like to keep them consistent.. Just like I have chosen to have Xuan delivered by the same gynae, even though she only delivers in mt E, and there are other hospitals that are more affordable.. I have chosen the same confinement lady, and even the same massage lady!! And Xuan is induced just like En, and even the midwife delivering the babies are the same!! How lucky! Then again the birth process is also the same, the epidural, the wait.. though Xuan is much shorter, and then the few pushes needed to deliver the babies and all done including the stitching in less than half an hour.. we are indeed an efficient team - the midwife, Dr. Yeoh and me!!

But I felt the acute sense of deja vu when Xuan has to be admitted to hospital for jaundice (again same as En, except this time, Xuan's jaundice is much lower and less scary than En's as I have taken a more moderate approach to TOTAL breastfeeding - more on that the next time)..

En was admitted or jaundice on a public holiday and I remembered doctors coming in to examine the babies wearing their casual wear.. this time round, on Christmas day, Xuan was also admitted to KK for jaundice and we again spent another public holiday in the ward..

The difference this time round is we get to stay in with the baby, and we stayed in a hotel- hostel like Ronald McDonald Family Room in the hospital, I must say the facilities were impressive and comprehensive, from the microwave and utensils in the kitchen to computers and books in the hallway, and the room is really decent, as hubby said, it is even better than some of the hotels we stayed before in Europe!!

And the cost is the best part- a mere $45 plus for a night.. so I spent the public holiday feeding Baby Xuan every 3 hours, of course the big diff is I do not get to see En much.. sigh.. these days, I get the sense that En has grown suddenly by a lot when i see him, its like a sudden growth spurt or something..

No comments:

Followers