Saturday, December 30, 2006

Gifting is an Art...

Thanks to generous friends and company, its kinda fun and exciting opening the door and seeing the hampers/ flowers sent our way... also thanks to Baby Xuan I guess... And these days, baby hampers seem to be the in thing, such as the one Ms. Zhu got for Xuan - quite a surprisingly lovely one, with all sorts of useful baby stuff in there, from diaper bag to changing mat to grooming set etc etc.. I thought we have most of the stuff cuz of En, but new baby stuff still excite me no end.. and as I was telling Ms. Zhu, her gift made Baby Xuan less of a hand me down baby..

I always feel that gifting is an art, and I find it acutely so when recently, hubby and I did our round of extensive kids' gift shopping.. It is tough sometimes to juggle the "surprise element" and the "pocket"..

Upon Baby's full month, we will need to return the favors and share the joy with friends and relatives, and I am once again, plowing though catalogue for Baby's one month gift.. For en's we ordered some nice boxes from One-Joy.Com for some special people, and it is only when I am looking back that we realised that we have forgotten to take a photo of the gifts..

People are also asking me what they should get for Xuan - I really wonder too.. cuz of En, we don't really lack anything, though i always thought tat nice gifts are usually stuff that one will not buy for oneself...

But having said that, we really love the "traditional" chicken of essence and Mammy Pokos that Dylan n family and Ms. Normad got us, it really saved us the trouble of stocking up on diapers! Such practical gifts do help, and since I am the mum who will spend to indulge in my own kids (was just reading this baby book on the age appropriate types of toys for babies, and realise that En owns almost all the list of types of toys up till 15 months already).. and because I have always been an excellent gifter - at least I really think so and hubby had so far, never complain of the gifts he received except for the price tags maybe haha!

No comments:

Followers