Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year?

Another year is almost gone.. and usually, I am full of anticipation and excitement for the year end as the holidays and festivities set the excitement cells in me tingling..

But since the babies came, the parties/ gatherings do become lesser and less exciting.. and this year has to be the worst, as I am in confinement.. kinda like coped up with the babies.. esp. cuz of the breastfeeding, which I felt was very restraining and confining ... kinda like chained to the baby if you know what i mean..

I almost did not feel that today is the second last day to 2006.. it seems like I will just float hazily into the new year.. Then again, can we safely say we will have a Happy New Year, if we do not welcome the new year with a big bang? i dunno..

Can we say we have put the past year behind us, ready for a fresh start, if we do not have something/ and event to mark it as a milestone?

If I just float into the new year, it seems such a continuum without an end and hence, without a beginning, can it still be considered a new year?

Such thoughts seem to keep revolving around my head and it can get depressing.. 2 days to go and i still do not have any idea how I am gonna welcome the new year and if it will be a happy new year.. sigh..

Well, the only consolation is we bought a miniature TV for our bedroom, so I can watch the final episode of 冲上云霄 on 1 Jan 2007, a show which I have missed for like the last 2 weeks, can that count as something to look forward to for 2007?

Tell me how you intend to spend NEW YEAR, and I wish you all happiness in the New Year...

No comments:

Followers